Saturday, July 29, 2017

Quick update on my work as Minister of Agriculture

Good Morning! 

I wanted to give you a bit of an update on what has been happening over the past week. I've had more than a few messages asking me "What's going on?"

For starters let me say that this has been a week that is comparable to none that I have ever experienced.

After I was sworn in the work started immediately. It's a very difficult time for many in BC due to the intense forest fires. The agriculture community has been directly and greatly affected and so that has been a concern and focus for the Ministry of Agriculture. We are lucky to have excellent partners across the province who are showing incredible leadership and who are helping guide us in a way that is most helpful. Please accept my utmost appreciation to everyone involved.

Throughout this past 11 days I have been in numerous briefing meetings with staff at the Ministry of Agriculture getting me up to speed. Let me say that we have an incredible team of people working in the Ministry and I feel grateful to be the newest member. 


Below is a link to the Mandate letter given to me by the Premier of BC John Horgan.

I will work harder than I have ever worked to complete my mandate and to make our food systems better in BC.
I'll try and keep you updated as much as possible...at times it might just be a recipe.  Thanks for all of your support!

Lana

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/government/ministries-organizations/premier-cabinet-mlas/minister-letter/popham-mandate.pdf